I hope this finds you and your family healthy and safe. All the adjectives have been used to express what we have been through in 2020. I can only hope that we heal as a country and our children and grandchildren never see this again.
We would like you to fill in this survey to understand the impact that Covid has had on the Youth soccer across the country. Please click here and complete the short survey:
Please fill this in by Oct. 25. The results will be published soon after that.
We are getting ready for the awards season. We would like you to know what is available to recognize your club coaches and players. (The nomination links are listed below).
- Charlotte Moran Award: Recognizing long-term service to United Soccer Coaches and youth soccer, the award is annually presented to a person who has raised youth soccer to new heights through his or her long-term dedication to the game.
- (**New Award**) Youth Player Award of Excellence: The award has been created to allow Member Clubs and other youth member coaches to honor an outstanding male and/or female player for exceptional contributions to his/her team and for exemplifying the finest attributes of a team player. Nominations should be made based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Significant contributions to the team on and off the field.
- Representing the highest ideals of a team player.
- Consistently projecting a positive attitude.
- Demonstration as a leader of teammates for all team activities.
- Observing rules and standards set forth by his/her club or team including the highest level of sportsmanship, ethical behavior and respect for opponents and the game.
Submissions are limited to three male and three female players for 2020.
- (**New Award**) Youth Coach Award of Excellence: The award has been created to allow Member Clubs and other youth member coaches to honor a coach of boys and/or girls for exceptional contributions to his/her team, the club and community.
Nominations should be based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Significant success with teams marked by quality player development.
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Open and honest communication that inspires players to excel and progress.
- Treats players, officials, administrators and opponents with respect, integrity, and dignity.
- Serves as a role model for promoting sportsmanship, ethics, and fair play.
- Observes all rules and standards set forth by his/her club and respect for the game.
- Encourages inclusive behavior, actively supporting diversity while opposing all types of discrimination including, but not limited to, racism and sexism.
Submissions are limited to one male and one female coach for 2020.
Nominating is easy. Please click on the links below to fill in information for your nominee. The deadlines are also included after each award:
The Charlotte Moran Award Deadline: October 15, 2020
Club Youth Player Award of Excellence Deadline: Dec. 4, 2020
(Limited to three boys and three girls per club)
Click here for Club Youth Player Award of Excellence
Club Youth Coach Award of Excellence Deadline: Dec. 4, 2020
(Limited to one boy’s coach and one girl’s coach per club)
Click here for Club Youth Coach Award of Excellence