Soccer Journal is the official publication of United Soccer Coaches and is one of the few magazines in the world produced exclusively for soccer coaches. Each issue contains technical and tactical articles, news and updates on important events, thoughts from opinion leaders in the sport and features on the interesting people and issues of the game. Soccer Journal is a benefit of United Soccer Coaches membership, published, monthly, online and quarterly in print.
United Soccer Coaches offers members multiple ways to read the Soccer Journal. All members will receive a printed magazine unless they opt out—in our effort to be environmentally responsible, we offer members the opportunity to only receive the digital edition of the magazine. To opt-out and only receive the digital edition, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members can view the digital editions from a computer, phone, or tablet with their, membership login credentials at www.soccerjournal.org.
The magazine serves as a forum for anything soccer and accepts articles in the following soccer-related categories: player development, youth soccer, soccer research, coaching, fitness, goalkeeping, soccer history, international soccer, match analysis, interviews, sport psychology, soccer tactics and soccer techniques. And, yes, we accept articles about referees!
- Articles submitted to Soccer Journal must not be submitted to other publications simultaneously.
- Articles may not be selected for publication. In that event, the author will be informed.
- Articles with practical implications for coaching are given priority.
- Article acceptance is based on the originality of the topic, significance to the soccer coaching profession, and validity.
- Simple, straightforward, concise, logical, and clear writing is best.
Adherence to the prescribed submission requirements as listed below:
- Submit using this online form.
- Label the article with the title and name(s) of the author(s).
- Acceptable word count can range from 700 – 5,000 words.
- High-resolution photos and illustrations are welcome. Please make sure to identify the photographer/illustrator to give them credit.
- If you are a new contributor, please use this online form to submit a high-resolution headshot and a professional short bio to be included with your article.
Photographs appearing in the Soccer Journal remain the copyrighted property of the photographer and cannot be sold or distributed to individuals by association staff. Individuals interested in securing reprints of images that appear in the Soccer Journal should contact the photographer directly. Some photographers make their images available for redistribution. Others do not. There may be a fee involved in securing a reprint.
Reproduction of any content within the Soccer Journal without the written consent of United Soccer Coaches and the writer, photographer or artist is prohibited.
The Soccer Journal is recognized as one of the leading soccer coaching magazines worldwide. Published four times a year and distributed directly to all United Soccer Coaches members, it provides a unique opportunity to connect with all levels of soccer coaches. Advertisement possibilities range from ¼ page ads to center spreads, with the option to run an ad once or in every issue each year. The Soccer Journal provides up to 200,000 impressions a year.
To find out more, contact Toby Truog, United Soccer Coaches Partnership Manager, email@example.com.
The editors review all articles for appropriateness of topic and acceptable writing style conformance. Articles may also be reviewed by the editorial subcommittee. When an article is accepted, it will be printed in the earliest appropriate and available issue (at the editors’ discretion), though some articles may be retained for a topic-oriented issue. Inquiries may be sent to Soccer Journal editors:
Managing Editor – Bailey Conklin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Editor – Dr. Jay Martin, email@example.com