30 Under 30 Program
2018-19 30 UNDER 30 CLASS ANNOUNCED!
The 30 Under 30 Program is a year-long education and mentorship opportunity for a special group of 15 male and 15 female coaches who are leading the way in developing soccer players and enhancing the game.
Click HERE to see the 2018-19 30 Under 30 Class!
30 Under 30 Program Application
Before applying, please:
1. Make sure you are an active United Soccer Coaches member
- If you have never been a member, join here.
- If you need to renew or are an introductory member, upgrade to a Standard membership.
- If you don’t know your login credentials, please contact the Member Services team at email@example.com.
2. Have two soccer-specific references prepared
3. Be prepared to share personal coaching experiences and why you feel you should be selected for the program.
4. Be prepared to discuss how you would use this opportunity to impact the greater soccer community
5. Have your coaching resume ready for upload (optional)
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2018-19 CLASS.
Application period will open in June 2019.
30 Under 30 Program Requirements
In order to be considered, candidates must:
- Be under the age of 30 years old at the time of application, or have a 30th birthday that occurs during the 2018 calendar year
- Be an active, Standard United Soccer Coaches member
- Have a minimum of two years of coaching experience (full or part-time basis)
During the course of the 30 Under 30 Program, candidates will be asked to:
- Attend the United Soccer Coaches Convention
- Attend an Advanced Coaching Academy course
- Contribute to at least two educational or training articles for use by United Soccer Coaches and its sponsors
- Appear on the United Soccer Coaches Podcast
- Be prepared to contribute additional content for further exposure as assigned
30 Under 30 Program Benefits
Thirty selected coaches will receive:
- An educational scholarship which includes a complimentary registration to the United Soccer Coaches Convention and an Advanced Coaching Academy course.
- A travel stipend of $300 to attend the Convention and Advanced Coaching Academy course.
- Access to a mentor dedicated to helping you grow as a coach.
Additional benefits include:
Upper 90 Mentor Program
The Upper 90 Mentor Program is a new initiative developed in association with the United Soccer Coaches Advocacy Council . The program gives opportunity to coaches not selected for the 30 Under 30 Program, but still interested in being involved in a year-long mentorship program. This program will help 90 young coaches connect with veteran coaches to assist them in finding a pathway to education, involvement, and engagement with United Soccer Coaches.
How it works:
- Candidates will complete the 30 Under 30 Program application.
- In the application process, candidates will be asked if they would like to participate in the Upper 90 Program if they are not initially selected for the 30 Under 30 Program.
- Those who are interested will select if they identify with any of the United Soccer Coaches Diversity Groups.
- Selected candidates may be paired with a mentor from one of the Diversity Groups.
- Access to a mentor from a diverse background dedicated to helping you grow as a coach
- Pathway to 30 Under 30 Program consideration
- Involvement with United Soccer Coaches Advocacy Groups