College Team Awards
COLLEGE TEAM ACADEMIC AWARD
The Team Academic Award was created to recognize student athletes’ commitment to excellence in the classroom. To be eligible for the College Team Academic Award, the nominated program must be a current member of United Soccer Coaches College Services.
For a team to be considered for the United Soccer Coaches Team Academic Award, it must have a composite team grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for all team members who appear on the official NCAA, NAIA, NCCAA or junior college roster forms for the fall season.
All players on the roster must be included in the calculation of the team GPA.
TEAM ETHICS AND SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD
The Team Ethics and Sportsmanship Award was created to recognize teams that exhibit fair play, sporting behavior, and adherence to the laws of the game.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
- Effective with the Fall 2020 season, a team must play a minimum number of matches that either:
- equal the number of matches required to qualify for postseason play, or 10 matches
- A team must not have received any (0) Red Cards at any time during the regular or post season.
- Yellow Card Percentage can not exceed 50% (Total Yellow Cards Received ÷ Regular and Post Season Games Played).
- The team must be a current College Services Program Member and have finished play for the current season (regular and post).
- A completed Card Certification and Signature Form.
The following levels may be awarded based on the Yellow Card Percentage (Total Yellow Cards Received ÷ Regular and Post Season Games Played):
PlatinumYCP = 0% (No (0) Yellow Cards Received)
GoldYCP = 10% or Less
SilverYCP = 30% or Less
BronzeYCP = 50% or Less
Before you Begin: You will be required to upload a completed Card Certification and Signature Form in order to submit a nomination.
TEAM PINNACLE AWARD
The Team Pinnacle Award was established as an annual award in 2019 at the request of United Soccer Coaches Advocacy Groups from both the college and high school level. It was established to be an elite award honoring programs which achieve team recognition for academics, ethics and on-field success in a given year.
Only schools that are members of the United Soccer Coaches College Services Program are eligible for the award. Recipients must have been awarded the Team Academic Award, earned a Team Ethics and Sportsmanship Award and achieved a team winning percentage of .750 or higher during the season of the academic year for the award. The awards are announced each October and presented each January at the College Coaches Reception held at the United Soccer Coaches annual convention.
For further information on the Team Pinnacle Award for colleges, contact National Chair Mike Lynch at email@example.com.