United Soccer Coaches is proud to
announce a new award at the high school level called the High School Coach of
Significance Award. The award is intended to recognize members who are coaching
for character, using the soccer field to teach life lessons at the high school
level. It is an opportunity for each state, in conjunction with United Soccer Coaches, to
recognize excellence and the chance to share stories of how coaches are making
an impact within their schools and communities well beyond their records of wins
- Nominations will be accepted February 1- April 1 (11:59 p.m. CST).
- A United Soccer Coaches member nominates a high school head coach by completing the online form that includes at least one letter of reference.
- Once completed, the form will be submitted to the selection committee that has national, regional, and state representation.
- The winners will be announced in October.
Review the Criteria
The nominee meets the following:
- Is a high school head coach.
- Demonstrated character through education and leadership within his/her team, school or community.
- Expresses concern and support for others.
- Serves as an inspiration through accomplishments and leadership.
- Will need to be a United Soccer Coaches member if selected and chooses to accept the award. However the nominee does not need to be a current United Soccer Coaches member to be nominated.
Letter of Support
Prepare a one page letter of support for the nomination that includes details about the nominee relative to the award criteria. You will be required to upload the letter of support to the form or enter it manually as text before the form can be submitted. Up to three letters will be accepted.
Deadline for nominations is Saturday, April 1, 2017 11:59 p.m. CST.
Nominations for the 2017 High School Coach of Significance Award are now closed. Thank you for your interest.