Applications for 2017-2018 Class are now closed
Click HERE to see the 30 Under 30 Class for the 2017-2018 year! (Coming Soon)
This program is designed for a special group of young coaches who want to lead the way in developing soccer players and enhancing the game.
Launched in 2013, the 30 Under 30 Program is a year-long education and mentorship opportunity for a select few up-and-comers who have made soccer coaching their career of choice. This program was created to support young standout coaches and foster their growth at a crucial point in their vocation.
Thirty selected coaches younger than 30 years old will receive:
• An educational scholarship which includes a complimentary registration to the United Soccer Coaches Convention and a United Soccer Coaches educational event, Advanced Coaching Academy course.
• A travel stipend of $300 to attend the aforementioned United Soccer Coaches educational opportunities
• Recognition on UnitedSoccerCoaches.org and at the 2018 Convention
• Access to a mentor dedicated to helping you grow as a coach
Additional benefits include:
- Exposure on UnitedSoccerCoaches.org
- Special events such as a 30 Under 30 social at the 2018 United Soccer Coaches Convention in Philadelphia
- Participation in Google+ Hangouts with fellow 30 Under 30 coaches and mentors
- Excellent networking opportunities
In order to be considered, candidates must:
• Be a current full United Soccer Coaches member
• Have a minimum of two years of coaching experience (full or part-time basis)
• Be under the age of 30 yrs old
During the course of the 30 Under 30 program, candidates must:
• Participate in at least one (1) conference calls hosted by United Soccer Coaches
• Contribute at least two (2) educational or training article for use by United Soccer Coaches and its sponsors
• Write a final review that provides recommendations for the future of the program
• Attend the United Soccer Coaches Convention and an advanced United Soccer Coaches Coaching Academy course in the selected year (paid for by the scholarship)
• Participate in informational focus groups at the Convention and/or Summer Symposium
• Be prepared to contribute additional coaching content for further exposure within United Soccer Coaches
1. Make sure your United Soccer Coaches Membership is current (introductory members will need to upgrade to a full membership).
2. Have two soccer-specific references prepared.
3. Be prepared to share why you feel you should be selected for the program.
4. Be prepared to discuss how you would use this educational opportunity to impact the greater soccer community.