API Coaches Group
ABOUT THE Group…
Welcome to United Soccer Coaches API Advocacy Group:
Who are we?
Asian and Pacific Islander heritage soccer personnel and our allies.
We are a forming advocacy group with an aim to become a permanent Advocacy Group and a member of the Advocacy Council.
API Coaches Group exists to champion diversity, awareness, and belonging at every level and involvement of the game. Some of our strategic priorities include:
1. Networking…connecting people, colleagues, and friends
2. Mentoring…supportive, encouraging, inclusive environment for all
3. Encouraging…appreciation of culture and diversity in hiring and professional development opportunities
4. Educating…personnel who work with, coach, manage, etc. people of API heritage
5. Advocating…for API belonging and identity in the soccer community
6. Empowering…achieving professional and personal development, goals
7. Enriching…serving others, learning, and contributing to have impact.
We look forward to you joining us – please contact Ashu Saxena for additional information.
Chair of the API Group, Ashu Saxena, joined Dean Linke to discuss the new group and the need for Advocacy for the AAPI Coaching Community. Listen HERE
May is API Heritage Month. Enjoy these spotlights on API Coaches: